Thursday, May 20, 2010

Comment on my comment...

The Peabody Insider blog (the link is at the side of my blog), has a post asking about the revitilization and flooding issues/fixes of our downtown...here is my "comment"!

"I believe that we need to "shit or get off the pot" with the flooding fixes in our downtown! Trouble is, the people that I know (elected officials included) do not think that the current proposed plan will help AT ALL with the problem.
Not sure if you have been a "Peabody lifer" like myself, but hey...let's think realistically here. Ever since I was a kid Peabody Square has been the armpit of Peabody! Am I proud of it? NO of course not, does it effect me in my neighborhood? NO Do I go downtown for anything? NO Why...because there is nothing there..
SEE...it is a viscious circle that continues to fester (sp?) and grow. If I had to make an educated guess how many times a year I visit the "Downtown Area" I would say maybe 4 times. 4 TIMES A FREAKIN' YEAR!!! And I have lived in Peabody my whole life of 49 years!!
Downtown is a ghetto and has been for decades since the leather factories closed! Mavroulas, Torigian, and now Bonfanti are to blame for the problem. YES the problem has been inherited, and YES none of the previousley mentioned names had the BALLS to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Building owners, Landlords, and Property Managers need to be held accountable to maintain their buildings with upgrades to keep them "current" or eminent domaine should be forced upon them (somehow) to help Peabody prosper.
A new "Out of the Box" thinking Mayor is what we need, and I do not see one currently on the council. We have heard recently of a "Medical Hub"!!!
WE ALREADY HAVE ALL THE BIG NAMES IN PEABODY!!! IS THIS GUY SMOKING A NEW BRAND OF CRACK THAT HASN'T YET HIT FOSTER STREET? THESE BIG MEDICAL EMPIRES ARE STAYING AS FAR AWAY FROM THE CENTER OF PEABODY AS POSSIBLE! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!?

Will a real leader please step forward? One that can balance a budget and keep up with the times? Truly, that is all we really need! The budget NEEDS TO BE CUT!!! NOT IN SEFETY OR EDUCATION....JACKASS! Step up to the plate and make a difference... your so called legacy depends on it!"

Until Next Time, Let Freedom Ring!
TT